Recently at Concord Quarterly Meeting at Wilmington Friends Meeting, John Kornegay, a returning citizen, gave a talk about New Beginnings - Next Step, a support group run by and for returning citizens and co-sponsored by Delaware Pacem in Terris and Wilmington Friends Meeting's Peace and Social Justice Committee.
We gratefully accept all help and here are some things you can do:
- Check out our website and Facebook page.
- Volunteer with groups on the outside or inside. We now have 3 groups inside and 2 groups outside, but we expect to start two more groups outside prison, and will soon be holding facilitator training.
- Donate machine-washable used clothing (men's, women's and children's, but especially men's) or men's suits or new underwear or socks. These are for the clothes closet, which the returning citizens volunteer at, thus giving back to the larger community as well as benefiting themselves. The clothes closet is at Wilmington Friends Meeting.
- Suggest job and housing options (in Delaware) which accept returning citizens.
- Donate funds to: New Beginnings - Next Step, 401 N. West St. (Wilmington Friends Meeting), Wilmington, DE 19801.
- Attend fundraisers, such as John Flynn's annual benefit concert.
- Hold a benefit house concert for John Flynn yourself.
These are the things that come immediately to mind. Thanks so much for your interest and any help you can give! Please contact me if you want more info.
Mary Starkweather-White (302) 299-5600 mwhite6898at aol.com